Around 73% of our fleet is equipped with total accessibility for passengers with reduced mobility (PRM), with room for a wheelchair and backrests and access ramps.
Find out more about the service
Routes with accessibility features
29B, 701, 703, 705, 716, 720, 722, 726, 728*, 729, 730, 735, 736, 744, 747, 755, 756, 767, 770, 778, 781, 782, 783, 794 and 798.
* On route 728, these conditions are only assured on 50% of the fleet (interspersed).
Transport of manual or electric wheelchairs is limited to the following sizes and weight:
- Length - 1250 mm
- Width - 700 mm
- Height - 1350 mm
- Weight – 300 kg (wheelchair and user)
Reduced mobility scooters
Reduced mobility scooters cannot be transported on our vehicles.
Door-to-door service, operating through reservations, in all areas of Lisbon Municipality that are part of our network. This is aimed at passengers with 60% (or more) declared disability.
How to use this service
This service is aimed at passengers with a declared disability of 60% or more and access to it is dependent on the provision of substantiating evidence of this.
To this end, go to the Santo Amaro Shop and hand in the following documents:
- Passport photo;
- Identity Card;
- Medical certificate declaring that the holder has a disability of 60% or more.
This service can be reserved once substantiating evidence for the declared disability has been presented.
Reservations must be made up to two days before the intended journey, by contacting:
- CARRIS Terminal, Musgueira | 213 613 141
Important: for the proper functioning of the service, each user must:
- confirm his appointment on the day before the intended trip;
- be punctual, being at the agreed place, at the scheduled time.
Price and payment
The price of this service is equivalent to the On-board Fare (€2 = 1 person; 1 journey) and tickets are bought on the vehicle.
Monday to Friday: 6:30 am / 9:30 pm
Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: 8 am / midday and 2 pm / 6 pm
Any cancellations not reported in good time will be charged the next time this service is used.
The vehicles used on this special reduced mobility service have the following characteristics:
- Seats with seat belts
- Electric lift platform for wheelchair access
- Wheelchair securing and locking systems for use during the journey
Capacity: 10 passengers (5 in wheelchairs and 5 seated)