In order to travel on collective passenger transport systems, it is mandatory to have a valid transport ticket (Law No. 28/2006 of 04 July, republished by Decree-Law 117/2017 of 12 September).
If you do not have a valid transport ticket, you commit a simple or serious infringement:
Simple infringement | payment of 30€ to 87.50€.
Serious infringement | payment of 120€ to 350€.
Simple and Serious Infringement
- The use of a transport ticket without validation of entry into the transport system, in cases where this is required, regarding subscriptions or monthly passes, 30-day passes or occasional transport tickets not validated from the second boarding of the same journey;
- The use of a damaged nominative transport ticket, which due to its state of conservation does not allow the verification of its identification or validity.
- Lack of transport ticket;
- Refusal to show a transport ticket;
- The use of a transport ticket that is invalid for the route, itinerary, zone, line, train or class on which the passenger is travelling;
- The use of a transport ticket without validation of entry into the transport system, in cases where this is required, except as provided for in paragraph a) of No. 2;
- The use of a transport ticket which validity has expired;
- The use of a transport ticket with the right to price reduction, without proving the right to such reduction;
- The use of a named transport ticket that does not belong to the passenger;
- The use of a named transport ticket that does not contain one of its constituent elements, or with elements that do not correspond to each other;
- The case in which the transport ticket or the respective electronic register is adulterated or vitiated, being understood as such, all that is altered in its characteristics;
- The use of a nominative transport ticket whose subscriber number is omitted in the transport seal, or when its inscription does not correspond to the number of the card.
Make the voluntary payment of the fine within 15 working days after the date of issue of the Notice of Infringement, obtaining a 50% discount on the minimum value of the fines, in one of the following places:
On the home screen select the option “Payment of Services”.
Then type the information that appears in the Notice (Entity; Reference and; Amount).
Go to a CARRIS Shop, taking the Notice with you.
- Arco Cego Shop
Av. Duque D´Ávila, nº 12, 1000-140 Lisboa
Weekdays: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Santo Amaro Shop
Rua 1º de Maio, nº 103, 1300-472 Lisboa (inside Santo Amaro Complex)
Weekdays: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Go to CARRIS Treasury with the Notices at the following location:
- CARRIS Miraflores Complex
Alameda António Sérgio, nº 62