Lisboa Viva card offers additional advantages negotiated between Transport Operators in Lisbon and various entities of public interest.
• Children (aged between 4 and 12)
• Seniors (65 years old and over)
• Retirees and Pensioners (whose family’s monthly income is equal to or less than national minimum wage)
• email@example.com (for young people aged between 4 and 18 years, attending elementary or secondary school and who do not benefit from municipal transports, with a 50% discount on all passes)
To require Lisboa Viva card, you must present all the documentation legally demanded, according to the customer’s profile:
• Proper requisition duly filled;
• Birth certificate, or Identity card (for EU citizens), or Passport, or Drive License (for Portuguese citizens) or residence permit;
• Recent passport photo in color with white/pale backdrop, with uncovered head and no sunglasses.
Appropriate form filled with:
• household composition;
• Family income proof document;
• Original and copy of Retiree/Pensioner card;
• Original and copy of the pension value proof document.
Students until 18 years old:
• Application “passe firstname.lastname@example.org”, emitted by student’s school, duly signed with white embossed seal to attest the right of acquiring email@example.com card. This application must be annually submitted to the transport operator that has emitted the card;
Children between 4 and 6 years old:
• Original and photocopy of parents’ address proof.
To consult general conditions of Lisboa Viva card, download the document here.
Lisboa Viva card can be acquired in every point of sale in CARRIS network or at any transport operator in Lisbon, with a 10 days deliver deadline.
The price of Lisboa Viva card is €7 for every modality, except for 4_18 profiles, which is €3,5.
If you want to get the card urgently, CARRIS has an immediate delivery service in Santo Amaro station – Rua 1º de Maio, 101-103, opened from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For this service, the card price is €12, except for 4_18 modality, which is €6. Get more details about firstname.lastname@example.org modality click here.
Lisboa Viva cards present different validity periods, changing between 4 to 6 years after its release, depending on the customer type:
|Customer Type||Validity Period|
|Children, from 4 to 12 years old||4 years|
|Normal, from 13 to 30 years old||
|Normal, over 30 years old||6 years|
|Seniors, over 65 years old||6 years|
Lisboa Viva cards must be renewed before the expiration date indicated on the card in every Carris point of sale or at one of the Transport Operators on Lisbon region.
By the end of this period, cards cannot be recharged.
Lisboa Viva cards have a two year warranty period after its release date. If, during this period, the card stops working, without having any visible damage, it will be replaced without costs to its owner. After the warranty period, the customer will afford the replace all the costs, in any situation.
This option is available only for electronic passes (without stamp) and is valid just for passes “recharging”, which means that the pass should have already been charged at a point of sale before.
The only passes that can be charged at ATM’s are those valid at Carris, Metro, Transtejo, Transportes Colectivos do Barreiro, CP, own operator tickets or combining operators.
To use this service, you must have a valid Lisboa Viva card.
The validation process is very simple: you have to pass the card near the black circle of the validator, which will emit a sound and a light sign.
• If the title is valid, it will emit a short sound and a green light will appear;
• If it is not valid, it will emit a long soung and a red light will appear;